Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
NoodleTools Citation Manager
Create citations in MLA, APA, or Chicago/Turabian formats for a wide variety of material types.
Citing your Zine
Here are some tips for formatting your citations using MLA Style:
- In MLA style, a pamphlet, zine, or brochure is cited like a book.
- If your zine has no author, or if the author is "anonymous," begin your citation with the title of the zine.
- If your zine is part of a numbered series, indicate the issue number.
Last, First M. or Organization. Zine Title. Publisher, Year.
Noodle Tools is a useful program that will help you create citations in either MLA or APA styles. It also generates Word documents from your citation list with correct MLA/APA punctuation and formatting.
Helpful Tips for Citing in Noodle Tools:
- When citing articles from Oxford Art Online, choose Reference Source as your citation type in the drop-down menu of Noodle Tools.
- When you select the first result in Oxford Art, it is generally from an encyclopedia titled "Grove Art Online" -- this is what you would put as the name of the encyclopedia when creating your citation.
- Put in as much information as you can - but when citing reference sources in Oxford Art Online you may not be given page numbers, place of publication, date of publication, or author.
- When citing an artwork image from ArtStor or Oxford Art or Heilbrunn you will choose Work of Visual Art as your citation type in the drop-down menu of Noodle Tools.
Always remember to provide citation information for any images or other sources you use.
Stop by the Reference Desk for help with Noodle Tools or call (210) 486-4513